A third bore family inspired by the BC20 clarinets of the 1950s.
The Tradition clarinet is a reworking of the bore of the BC20 clarinets made before Robert Carrée conceptualized the RC and R13 tone holes.
The BC20 had many acoustic qualities but posed multiple problems of intonation. Since then, research and technology have made their improvements. Considerable improvements, especially on the Tosca clarinet in 2003.
At the request of many musicians, Buffet Crampon now offers us a clarinet combining the pure colour of the 1950s with the 2016 technology (policylindres and Tosca tone holes).
The intonation is perfect and the air column very centered, it directs the sound perfectly well and allows the clarinettist to no longer dwell on the difficulties of mouthpiece, but to make only music.
Clarinet available in Bb and A
- Grenadilla specially selected, treated, undyed, also available in Green LinE composite material
- Poly-cylindrical drill
- 2 barrels (650-660mm in Bb and 640-650mm in A)
- 18 keys, 6 rings
- Eb lever
- Adjustable thumb rest allowing the use of a strap
- Forged keys, copper plated and silver plated according to the Buffet Crampon method
- Blue steel springs for more precise and flexible key action
- Gore-Tex and cork pads